Join us on Barnes Wharf on Saturday, October 24, 2020
from 7:00am – 5:00pm
We are excited to be able to offer our dedicated athletes, families, and community an opportunity to participate in a fun, fitness-oriented, spirited competition this fall. Whether you are an experienced rower, or just interested in trying something new, we welcome you to join us!
The HMC Ergathon will take place outside on Barnes Wharf in heats of approximately 10 rowers at a time. You will be assigned an hour time slot based on time preference you express during the registration process. We will be following all COVID-19 safety protocols on the wharf to make this a safe and fun event for all our participants.
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE:
- Complete an easy online HMC Ergathon Registration
- Pay a $25 registration fee, which includes an event t-shirt, on the HMC website
- Sign HMC General Liability Waiver w/COVID Addendum
- Wait for an invitation to Mighty Cause to set up your fundraising page
- Invite family, friends, and acquaintances to pledge their support via your Mighty Cause fundraising page
- Train for your 5K
- Attend Ergathon at Barnes Wharf on Sat, Oct 24 at assigned time slot
- Share your success and photos via social media (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook) with #HMCErgathon5K and include a final ask for support
All proceeds from the event benefit Hingham Maritime Center (HMC) as we face the financial implications of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- a Harbor Feast Row2Go ~ HMC Ergathon 5K Challenge event shirt
- a raffle entry to win the Grand Prize of a brand-new Concept2 Ergometer with every $100 in pledges
- chance to win prizes for most money raised via pledges
- chance to win designation of fastest time in your race category
Race categories include:
Boys & Girls Youth (12-14)
Men & Women Junior (15-18)
Men & Women Open
Men & Women Masters (30+)
Men & Women Senior (50+)
SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DURING THE EVENT:
- All participants and staff are expected to wear a face covering while at Barnes Wharf. It may only be removed when instructed by HMC staff.
- Ergometers will be set up 12-16 feet apart so that participants may remove their masks while rowing their 5K.
- Only staff and participants will be allowed on HMC programming space during hours of operation.
- Everyone will be asked to practice physical distancing by maintaining at least 6-feet between you and others.
- Staff will be cleaning and disinfecting equipment and high touch surfaces on a regular basis.
- Wash basins and hand sanitizer will be provided for staff and participants. Frequent handwashing is required.
- Staff and participants are expected to read and follow all signage.
IMPORTANT… All individuals MUST stay home if:
- feeling ill
- displaying COVID-19 symptoms
- been asked to isolate or quarantine by a doctor
- tested positive for COVID-19
- contact-traced to an individual confirmed with COVID-19
- exposed to someone with symptoms or confirmed COVID-19
- traveled anywhere outside of MA, except the lower risk states (as determined by the Department of Health), within the past 14 days. Please consult the Mass.gov website for current travel order restrictions and current list of lower risk states.
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank you in advance for your support and generosity, and look forward to seeing you on Barnes Wharf rowing to the finish!