HMC’s Capital Campaign: The Anchor Fund, Building a Legacy, One Pledge at a Time….
In December 2016, Hingham Maritime Center and the Town of Hingham entered a thirty-year lease for Barnes Wharf. This lease is an eagerly awaited development that provides scope for HMC to create a long-term home. As part of our lease, we have agreed to raise $4 million and invest in the development of Barnes Wharf by constructing a new, fit-for-purpose community boathouse and docking system.
Since its inception in 1971, the Hingham Maritime Center has provided Community boating to the citizens of Hingham and beyond. A registered non-profit, HMC is one of the oldest community boating programs in Massachusetts. Run by a volunteer board and dedicated staff, we rely on the generosity of our community to support our mission of providing accessible and affordable sailing, rowing, and maritime education for all. HMC serves more then 1,000 children, youth and adults a year with adult rowing and sailing programs, Hingham High School’s rowing and sailing teams, SNAP’s (Special Needs Athletic Program) rowing program, Notre Dame Academy’s Sailing Team and the Derby Academy ‘s Rowing Club.
This facility will provide year round amenities for all ages, the programming includes:
- Rowing Programs
- Sailing programs
- Ecology programs
- Availability for community meetings and events
- Venue rentals for weddings, birthday parties and special events
- Fitness and Wellness Classes
- Programming with SNAP (Special Needs Athletic Partnership)
- No-cost programming for Sunset Point CampLike the anchors we use in our day to day operations, your contribution to the Anchor Fund will give future generations the security of having lifelong access to their harbor and these wonderful character-building activities.
Why are you important to the Anchor Fund?
Every gift, regardless of amount, contributes to the success of the programs offered by HMC and the completion of this historic new facility being built on the harbor. Community participation in giving is a strong measure of pride and having a high percentage of past rowers and sailors elevates HMC’s reputation among the boating world. HMC looks to past participants to gauge confidence in our mission to sustain “boating for all.”
Your gift can make a difference.
Thank you for supporting the Anchor Fund.